Throughout this week, we will be running daily competitions: every morning at 10am, we will upload that day’s activity, and anyone who sends in their answer before 9am the following day will be entered into a prize draw, with prizes awarded next week. Solutions to the puzzles will also be uploaded by 10am the following day so you can check your work.
Monday: 3 August
Crossing the desert
You are responsible for driving an important person across the desert, but the cars that you have been given can only hold enough petrol to cover half of the distance. Being a desert, there are of course no petrol stations along the way. However, you have access to as many cars as you need and can transfer petrol between them.
What is the minimum number of cars that you will need and how can you complete the journey?
How to enter
- Complete the question above, showing the work you did to arrive at your answer
- Fill out the Competition Cover Sheet
- Email your entry and your cover sheet to us at email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- All students enrolled on the Year 12 Inspire Programme are eligible to enter this competition.
- You must complete the Competition Cover Sheet and submit it along with your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. If we do not receive a completed cover sheet with your entry, we will NOT be able to consider the entry.
- The competition closes at 9am Tuesday 4 August.
- The work you submit must be entirely your own, and should not exceed 300 words in length.
- Competition winners will be contacted via email next week. One entry will be selected at random to win a £10 Amazon voucher and to be published on Inspire Digital.