Monday: 3 August
Throughout this week, we will be running daily competitions based on Oxplore questions. Oxplore is an innovative digital outreach portal from the University of Oxford; as the ‘Home of Big Questions’ it aims to engage those from 11 to 18 years with debates and ideas that go beyond what is covered in the classroom. Big questions tackle complex ideas across a wide range of subjects and draw on the latest research undertaken at Oxford.
Every morning at 10am, we will upload the link to a ‘Big Question’ from Oxplore for you to consider. To enter the competition, you will need to cast your vote and send us a short explanation (100 words maximum) of why you voted the way you did.
Anyone who sends in their answer before 9am tomorrow will be entered into a prize draw, with winners announced next week! Tomorrow, you’ll get to see how everyone else voted as well…
Should you believe the history books?
See how everyone else voted tomorrow morning…
How to enter
- Click on the Oxplore question above and use the resources to help you decide which way to vote
- Cast your vote and write a short explanation of why you voted the way you did
- Fill out the Competition Cover Sheet
- Email your entry and your cover sheet to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
- All students enrolled on the Year 12 Inspire Programme are eligible to enter this competition.
- You must complete the Competition Cover Sheet and submit it along with your entry to email@example.com before the closing date. If we do not receive a completed cover sheet with your entry, we will NOT be able to consider the entry.
- The competition closes at 9am Tuesday 4 August.
- The work you submit must be entirely your own, and should not exceed 100 words in length.
- Competition winners will be contacted via email next week. One entry will be selected at random to win a £10 Amazon voucher and to be published on Inspire Digital.