Here you can find the full details of every competition you can enter as part of the Year 10 & 11 course.
With each class in the Year 10 & 11 course, we will include a few competitions for you to participate in. Some of these will be writing prompts, some will be maths questions and some will be creative assignments. When each class is released, the competition details will also be uploaded to this page.
All pupils enrolled on the Year 10 & 11 course may participate in any of the competitions listed on this page. Year 10 and 11 pupils’ competitions are evaluated separately, so you will always be competing with students in your year group.
How to enter
- Complete your competition entry and make sure it follows the guidelines listed for that competition
- Fill out the competition cover sheet (PDF) *
- Email your entry and your cover sheet to us at email@example.com
* If we do not receive a completed cover sheet with your entry, we will NOT be able to consider the entry.
For each competition, the winning entry for each year group will receive a £20 Amazon voucher, and the runner-up for each year group will receive a £10 Amazon voucher. The top 5 entries will also be published in this section about a week after each competition’s closing date. Each competition’s full entry details will be available on this page on the dates below.
Class 1: Biology and Darwinian evolution
Release date: 4 January 2021
Competition deadline: 1 February 2021
- Competition 1: The fossil record (PDF)
- Competition 2: Create your own organism (PDF)
- Competition 3: Evolution of flight (PDF)
Class 2: Evolution as a metaphor
Release date: 1 February 2021
Competition deadline: 1 March 2021
- Competition 4: Language evolution (PDF)
- Competition 5: What even are words anymore? (PDF)
- Competition 6: Carolingian minuscule (PDF)
Class 3: Evolution, science and technology
Release date: 1 March 2021
Competition deadline: 29 March 2021
- Competition 7: Artificial intelligence (PDF)
- Competition 8: Evolution puzzles (PDF)
- Competition 9: Mathematics of natural selection (PDF)
Class 4: Culture and history through the lens of evolution
Release date: 29 March 2021
Competition deadline: 26 April 2021
- Competition 10: Greek and Roman Thinking (PDF)
- Competition 11: Poetry (PDF)
- Competition 12: Leisure and Technological Change (PDF)