Welcome to the Inspire Programme for Years 12 & 13!
Hello, I’m Dr Petros Spanou, your Inspire 12 & 13 Project Lead! Welcome to the Inspire 12 & 13 homepage.
Inspire 12 & 13 is primarily delivered online and encourages pupils to stretch themselves academically, as well as supporting them to make competitive applications to top universities like Oxford.
Click here to learn more about Inspire 12 & 13…
Inspire 12 & 13 offers pupils the opportunity to:
- Explore their academic interests through taster lectures with top academics.
- Strengthen their university application.
- Receive advice and super-curricular opportunities.
- Build confidence in their academic abilities.
- Develop their skills to make a successful transition to university life.
At the core of the programme are online Academic Taster Lectures developed and delivered by Oxford academics and interactive skills sessions on topics such as personal statements and managing your money at university. Pupils are provided with a choice of monthly academic sessions in a range of subjects, allowing them to craft a bespoke programme of academic extension materials focused around their interests.
Swipe Right to Read Our Prospectus
Year 12 Inspire:
Through the Inspire 12 & 13 Programme, pupils will explore a variety of Academic Taster Lectures on subjects ranging from Biochemistry to Ancient History and Psychology to Geography. This opportunity to select subjects from a range of disciplines will enable pupils to explore the synergies between the Sciences, Arts, and Humanities.
Summer Schools and More….
Inspire 12 & 13 pupils are also invited to apply for competitive spaces to the following events:
- Residential summer schools at St John’s College which offer Year 12 pupils a taster of student life at the University of Oxford
- Study Days and Subject Exploration Days which offer Year 12 pupils an in depth look at their subject, with a chance to meet tutors, students, and visit St John’s College.
- The Inspire Research Project, where pupils will be guided in how to prepare and submit a research project proposal. Winning entries will be awarded book vouchers, and pupils will be invited to a research day at St John’s College.
Year 13 Inspire:
The online Year 13 programme will focus on supporting pupils with their application to higher education. Resources will include academic taster sessions, skills sessions and revision strategies, to prepare pupils as they make the transition from school to higher education. This programme is designed to support pupils intending to study at any top university.
At the core of the programme are online Academic Taster Lectures developed and delivered by Oxford academics and interactive skills sessions on topics such as personal statements and managing your money at university. Pupils are provided with a choice of academic sessions in a range of subjects each month, allowing them to craft a bespoke programme of academic extension materials focused around their interests.
Click each of the bars below to read our FAQs
Am I eligible for Inspire 12 & 13?
Inspire 12 & 13 is open to pupils currently in Year 12 attending non-selective state schools in the following regions: Brighton and Hove – Buckinghamshire – Ealing – East Sussex – Forest of Dean – Hampshire – Harrow – Hounslow – Kent – Kingston -upon-Thames – Medway – Portsmouth – Southampton – Surrey – The Isle of Wight – West Sussex
How do I apply?
Applications for Inspire 12 & 13 are currently closed. If you have any questions about the programme, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com
Is there a cost?
All courses and events are free to qualifying pupils.
What did your previous courses look like?
Click here to view content from previous years.