Welcome to the Inspire Programme for Year 11!
On this page you can find an overview of our Year 11 Inspire Programme. From the main menu at the top of the page, you can also access the various components of the programme, including class materials, competition information and summer school details.
2019-20 Year 11 Course
The 2019-20 course is themed around the question “What is the power of a volcano?” This question will be addressed from a number of different subject perspectives during online classes which will be released in Spring Term 2020. The schedule for the programme is as follows:
- Release date: 9 December 2019
- Release date: 6 January 2020
- Competition deadline: 27 January 2020
- Release date: 27 January 2020
- Competition deadline: 24 February 2020
- Release date: 24 February 2020
- Competition deadline: 23 March 2020
- Deadline: 30 June 2020
- Inspire Year 11: Virtual Summer School and more!We are excited to announce a virtual Summer School to take place this year for our Year 11 Inspire Programme! Click here to read more about this and the final competition.
- Competition 3.1 Results: Eruptions & transformationsWe are truly blown away by the fantastic entries we received for this Year 11 competition! Click here to explore the winning entries.
- Competition 3.2 Results: Reading the runesSt John’s French Tutor Marie Elven set our Year 11 course a tricky rune-decoding task: click here to check your work and to see how other pupils enrolled on the course puzzled it out!
Applications for the 2019-2020 course are now closed. For full programme details, please see the St John’s College website here.