Welcome to the Inspire Programme for Year 11!
On this page you can find an overview of our Year 11 Inspire Programme. From the main menu at the top of the page, you can also access the various components of the programme, including class materials, competition information and summer school details.
Applications for the 2019-2020 course are now closed. For full programme details, please see the St John’s College website here.
2019-20 Year 11 Course
The 2019-20 course is themed around the question “What is the power of a volcano?” This question will be addressed from a number of different subject perspectives during online classes which will be released in Spring Term 2020. The schedule for the programme is as follows:
- Release date: 9 December 2019
- Release date: 6 January 2020
- Competition deadline: 27 January 2020
- Release date: 27 January 2020
- Competition deadline: 24 February 2020
- Release date: 24 February 2020
- Competition deadline: 23 March 2020
- Competition 2.3 Results: Make your own volcanoThe final competition in Class 2 of our Year 11 course was for course participants to make their own volcanoes, and make a film of the eruption.
- Competition 2.2 Results: What’s the price on your head?St John’s Economics tutor Dr Kate Doornik set our Year 11 course one of the more challenging competitions this year….
- Competition 2.4 Results: Scaling AnalysisSt John’s College Maths tutor Prof Stuart White set our Year 11 course a few challenging questions on scaling analysis as part of Class 2. Click here to see the answers!